MTAL – compact 6-output MIDI to Trigger interface with Accent and Learn features in 4hp eurorack modular format.
- 6 assignable trigger outputs, 0 – +5V.
- MIDI IN/ MIDI out via 3.5mm jacks.
- 3 accent outputs (8 accent levels driven by note velocity)
- 6 manual trigger buttons
- Learn button
- Led indicators (MIDI IN LED, OUTPUT trigger LED)
- Interaction with CV/GATE bus Open source firmware*
- DIY friendly
- Dimensions: 4hp (128.4mm x 20mm)
- Depth: 48mm (DIY-friendly through-hole version).
- Weight: 65g (module only)
- Power consumption: 30mA @ +12V
- Receive MIDI note events on a pre-selected MIDI Channel (by default MIDI Channel 10).
- Recognize 6 note values (by default starting at #24 C1) and generate positive 5V 10ms pulse when a trigger note is received.
- Detect LEARN switch press and if a MIDI note event is received while it is pressed, assume the event’s MIDI Channel and subsequent notes as triggers.
- Holding down LEARN switch for 10+ seconds without any MIDI Events received resets all device settings to defaults.
- Booting up with the LEARN switch down starts unit in firmware update mode in which firmware can be updated by a SysEx Message.
- Persist MIDI receive channel and trigger note values in non-volatile memory.
- Soft MIDI THRU output — pass MIDI Events on all other channels to MIDI OUT.
- MIDI IN LED, OUTPUT trigger LED.
- 6 trigger switches.
- 8 level accent (3 port pins).
Hold down LEARN switch and press 6 notes to remember as drum triggers then release the switch.
Hold down LEARN switch for 10+ seconds. The output trigger LED will shortly blink every second counting to 10, then blink rapidly three times to confirm firmware reset.
*MTAL based on midi2trigger project by Peter Kvitek